Tooth-Colored Fillings in Long Valley, NJ
Protect Your Smile With Fillings
A small crack or cavity in a tooth can put your entire smile at risk if not treated. Fortunately, at Rogler Family Dentistry, our Long Valley, NJ dentist, Dr. Ralph Rogler, provides composite fillings to fix a variety of dental issues while also restoring the appearance of your teeth. Unlike old amalgam fillings, tooth-colored composite fillings are custom-made to blend seamlessly with your smile. Read our guide to learn more about this restorative service and how Dr. Rolger delivers excellent care to patients also living in Bettystown and Hackettstown, NJ.
What Are Composite Tooth Fillings?
A composite filling is created using a resin that best matches the color of your teeth. These highly-advanced fillings are an alternative to silver (amalgam) restorations, which come with a list of risks and side effects. Your dentist will be able to repair teeth affected by bacteria, minor trauma, and cavities. Although composite fillings will need to be replaced due to normal wear and tear, they can last for 12 to 15 years with proper maintenance.
The Benefits of Composite Fillings
You can count on composite fillings to protect your tooth and repair any damage caused by cavities. Other advantages of these tooth-colored restorations include:
• Restores any damage to your tooth
• Improves the feel and function of your tooth
• Blends perfectly with your teeth’s natural shade
• Removes any harmful bacteria and decay
The Composite Fillings Process
Dr. Rogler can place your composite filling in one appointment at our Long Valley, NJ practice. Our team may apply a local anesthetic to numb your mouth in case you have sensitive teeth. Your dentist will then remove any sort of decay from the tooth while cleaning it. Once it’s ready, Dr. Rogler will then apply the resin and shape it to your liking. Afterward, he’ll ask you to bite down to ensure your smile feels comfortable. It’s recommended you avoid damaging your new filling by not drinking or eating anything for 30 minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who’s a good candidate for composite fillings?
Patients need a certain amount of healthy tooth structure remaining to receive a composite filling. If too much of the tooth is gone, then a dental crown may be a better solution, since it surrounds the entire tooth like a cap. This will provide your smile with a stronger, more protective restoration that’s sure to last for many years in the future.
What aftercare instructions should I follow after a filling?
The best part about fillings is you can treat them just like your regular teeth. However, it’s recommended you use fluoride toothpaste since it can help further strengthen your teeth and prevent decay. A filling is placed to restore the look and feel of your tooth, allowing you to return to your normal routine quickly without needing to do anything extra.
When can I eat normally again after my tooth gets a filling?
While you shouldn’t eat for a minimum of 30 minutes after receiving your composite filling, it usually takes a couple of days before you get used to eating on the tooth again. However, after a while, your smile will feel completely normal again and you’ll forget your tooth even got a filling in the first place.
Does dental insurance cover tooth-colored fillings?
Most insurance providers will either fully cover or pay for a portion of your tooth-colored filling since it’s considered a medically necessary procedure. The best way to know your benefits and coverage is to contact your carrier for a more accurate understanding. Your dentist should be able to help you with reviewing your insurance and provide you with financial options.
Fix Your Teeth With Composite Fillings
Cavities aren’t the only things composite fillings can fix. At Rogler Family Dentistry, Dr. Ralph Rogler can use this convenient restorative procedure to fix small injuries and dental trauma. Learn how our dental professionals can improve your smile’s health with fillings. Call our Long Valley, NJ office at (908) 850-0506 to schedule your appointment.
Helpful Related Links
- American Dental Association (ADA). Glossary of Dental Terms. 2015
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry® (AACD). Home Page. 2015
- WebMD. WebMD’s Oral Care Guide. 2015
About our business, license, and website security
- Rogler Family Dentistry was established in 1983
- We accept the following payment methods: Cash, Check, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa
- We serve patients from the following counties: Morris County and Warren County
- We serve patients from the following cities: Long Valley , Chester, Hacketts Town , Beattys Town, Califon, Mount Olive, Budd Lake, and Flanders
- New Jersey State Board of Dentistry (License #22DI01025300). View License Information and Specifics
- National Provider Identifier Database (1184717613). View NPI Registry Information
- Healthgrades. View Background Information and Reviews
- Website Safety Ratings and Reputation – AVG Threat Labs. View Details
- Norton Safe Web. View Details
- Trend Micro Site Safety Center. View Details
Back to top of Resin Fillings